Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Rustic woodworking and some updates

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Ive posted some of  Krzysztof Kleszczs projects here before. Not only do I stay up late at night wondering how to pronounce his name and marveling at its uncanny lack of vowels, but I am inspired by the way he looks at wood.

I think this is a totally cool idea. Have a unique chunk of wood with an interesting grain pattern? Wondering what to make with it? Why not let the wood itself be the star. Kyzysztof took this piece of European bird cherry, finished it and hung it on the wall. Simply beautiful. His wife calls it "a holy wood of Krzysztof". What a great conversation starter for guests.


In sticking with the rustic theme, he also made this frame using "raw" maple and ash. I love the look of it.


Seeing this reminded me of a frame I made a number of years ago for a picture my son painted. I used scrap, reclaimed-wood for it, cut a few lap joints, and lashed it together with some rope. Ive made a ton of picture frames, but this is one of my favorites.



*************

I should have the fortune telling box done and post a video Friday. We had fun tonight coming up with mystical answers to put on the cards. Heres a sneak peak:



**************

Finally, Laney is holding a silent auction to raise money for Woodworkers Fighting Cancer. If you would like to place a bid on this piece, heres more information. All donations will go directly to the LiveStrong Foundation. Nice scroll work!



TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

1 comment:

  1. Gain your access to 16,000 woodworking plans.

    Teds Woodworking has more than 16,000 woodworking plans with STEP BY STEP instructions, photos and blueprints to make all of the projects easy and simple.

    ReplyDelete